Welcome to my homepage!
As a School Counselor, I am here to provide comprehensive services for all students. Counselors in the school can provide support in students’ academic, personal/social, and career needs. Whether students need help and/or support in the classroom, are concerned about friendships or interpersonal relationships, or want to discuss future career plans, as a School Counselor I am here to provide support and encouragement to help students excel. In whatever way I can best provide support to students and the staff in the Tri-County Area School District, I am available and happy to help.
Pre K-6 School Counselor
Tri-County Area School District
Always be a bucket filler, not a bucket dipper.
Remember: Empathy -- putting yourself into someone else's shoes.
When solving conflicts, remember to use "I feel" statements
"I feel ___________ when you___________ and I want ___________."
Symptoms of Depression in Adolescents:
- Poor performance in school
- Withdrawal from friends and activities
- Feelings of sadness and hopelessness
- Lack of enthusiasm, energy, or motivation
- Lack of pleasure in performance of acts that would normally be pleasurable
- Feelings of anger and rage
- Overreaction to criticism
- Feelings of being unable to satisfy ideals
- Low self-esteem
- Feelings of guilt
- Indecision, lack of concentration, or forgetfulness
- Restlessness and agitaiton
- Changes in eating or sleeping patterns
- Substance abuse
- Problems with authority
- Suicidal ideation (suicidal thoughts) or actions
(Adapted, with permission, from National Mental Health Association. 2000. Children's Mental Health [fact sheet]. Alexandria, VA: National Mental Health Association. Web site: http://www.nmha.org/infoctr/factsheets/78.cfm.)
More information can be found on www.brightfutures.org