STAY UPDATED: Tri-County is now broadcasting updates on school-related events/news via Twitter. Please follow us at @TCPenguinNews.
SCHOOL MESSENGER CAPABILITIES EXPANDED: Recently, our school's ability to communicate with parents quickly and conveniently has increased substantially. In recent years, we have had the ability to issue mass-communication messages to parents via phone calls and emails. Having now activated the SMS (Text Messaging) capabilities of our mass-communication system, we are now able to add one more layer to our means of sharing information with parents. If you currenty do not receive these messages, but would like to, please...
TEXT "Y" OR "YES" TO 67587
NOTE: This information is also available in the link at the right side of the page titled "TC Text Messaging Opt-In."
Let us all work together to make 2016-2017 one that each and every member of our school community can be proud of!
IMPORTANT DATES October 27: Early Release (12:30) October 28: NO SCHOOL November 4: Last Day of Quarter 1 November 5:First Day of Quarter 2 November 23: Early Release (12:30) November 24-25: NO SCHOOL December 2 & 3: High School Play (7:00; Lecture Hall) December 13: 6-12 Choir Concert (7:00; Lecture Hall) December 19: 6-12 Band Concert (7:00; High School Gym) December 22: Early Release (12:30) December 23-January 2: NO SCHOOL January 19:Last Day of Quarter 2/Semester 1 January 20: NO SCHOOL (Inservice) January 23: First Day of Quarter 3/Semester 2 February 10: Early Release (12:30) February 23: Early Release (12:30) / PK-12 Parent/Teacher Conferences (12:45-7:15) February 28: ACT Testing (11th Grade) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! March 1: ACT WorkKeys Testing (11th Grade) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT!
March 28: Last Day of Quarter 3 March 29:First Day of Quarter 4 April 7 & 8: Middle School Play (7:00; Lecture Hall) April 10-13: Forward Exam Week (7th, 8th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! April 14-17: NO SCHOOL April 22: Prom (8:00-12:00; High School Gym) April 24-28:ACT Aspire Testing Week (9th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! May 1-10: Various AP Exams May 5: Early Release (12:30) May 17: Scholarship Night (6:30; Lecture Hall) May 23: 9-12 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (10:15; Lecture Hall) May 25: LAST DAY FOR SENIORS! May 26: Graduation (7:00; High School Gym) May 31: 7-8 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (1:00; Lecture Hall) June 2: Early Release (12:30) / Last Day of Quarter 4/Semester 2
TC'S NEWEST MASCOT ADDITION It has been a project in the works for numerous months now, but new INCREDIBLE mobile Penguin is complete! What started with Mr. Marinack contacting the amazingly talented wood carver, Jeff Mohr (who carved and painted the beautiful Penguin - complete with his spear), and has since been enhanced by our students in the 2015-2016 TC Pride Projects class (who created the awesome iceberg base with painstaking attention to detail), has now become a permanent fixture at our school to be treasured for countless years to come...THANK YOU TO ALL WHO DONATED TO SUPPORT THIS PROJECT AND TO ALL WHO DEDICATED TIME TO MAKING IT BECOME A REALITY!
CWC 10 CHAMPIONS! Congratulations to the 2015-2016 Tri-County Girls Basketball Team for taking home the program's first Conference Championship since 2003 and only the third such championship in the program's history! This group has set a fantastic example of how hard work - combined with teamwork - can produce great success on the court - their selflessness is a wonderful example for all in our school to follow. TC is incredibly proud of these girls and we wish them the best as they look to continue their winning ways in the Regionals, and, hopefully, beyond!
TC ALUMNUS BUILDING A FASCINATING LIFE:Haley Wadel (TC Class of 2012) was featured in an article in the November 27, 2015 issue of the Resorter. Click the link at the right side of the screen to access a copy of the article - Haley has had some amazing experiences in the few years since she graduated from our school! She had a great quote in the article that is so fitting for our students: "Take chances and go after whatever it is you want in life...You are capable of so much and each person has the power to change the world if they want."
NEW CLASS LEAVING A LASTING LEGACY AT TC TC PRIDE PROJECTSis a new art course being offered in our high school this year, designed to create a venue for our talented students to produce works of art that will visually enhance our entire school for years to come. The awesome Superman-inspired TC logo that now greets anyone and everyone who enters our high school gym is one such project that has now become reality (Creators: Hailey Anderson, Ana Juarez, & Brianna Shackelford). The beautiful eye-catching TC Mosaics that grace the pillars of our main entryway and the wall at the entrance to the high school gym are the most recent additions to our building (Creators: Hailey Anderson, Ana Juarez, Ben Kramer, & Breauna Wade). Keep your eyes open for the addition of new projects as the school year progresses...
January 19, 2017
Lunch today is: Pizza!!!
1. Attention Juniors turn in butter braid forms to high school office by today or Monday.
2. Tonight we are having a Black Out Night at TC for our girls basketball game against Almond-Bancroft and asking everyone to wear black to the game. On Friday the 20th, our boys travel to Almond and we are having a Neon Night, so we are asking everyone to wear neon to the game on Friday night. At Friday's game at Almond they are collecting non-perishable food items for the food pantry. If you bring in 2 items per person or 5 items per family your admission to the game is FREE.
3. The HS GBB will be having a makeup game tomorrow night against Menominee Indians here at Tri-County. Come and cheer them on to victory!
4. Calling all singers, actors, gymnasts, dancers, instrumentalists, comedians, or any other special talented people!! It's time to prepare for this year's TC's Got Talent to be held on Friday, March 25 in the TC lecture Hall at 7 PM. See Mrs. Mitchell or Mrs. Murray for sign up forms and more information about qualifying to perform for our 3rd annual TC's Got Talent! Start practicing! Sign-up sheets are due by Friday, Feb. 25 to Mrs. Murray or Mrs. Mitchell.
5. Just a reminder that there is 1 day left in the semester. 2nd quarter grades will determine eligibility. Semester grades determine if you receive credit for that class.
6. Would you like to enjoy a free Subway lunch? If you earn all passing grades for the quarter and the semester, a free Subway lunch will be provided after the end of the 1st semester.
7. (Read Tues & Thurs)Seniors – It’s time to bring in photos to use in the “2017 Senior Graduation DVD”. We are collecting photos for the elementary, middle school, and high school years. Please share some of your favorite photos. They will be returned to you after the DVD is produced. You may also bring in digital or scanned photos on a flash drive, which can be returned to you on the same day. Please bring all photos to Mrs. Bandy or Mrs. Eppinger in the LMC by Monday, February 6th.
8. There will be a baseball meeting on Monday, Jan. 23rd during Impact in the Lecture Hall. Anyone interested in playing should attend the meeting.
9. Winter sports pictures will be on Wednesday, Jan. 25th. Your coaches have the picture envelopes.
10. (Read Tues)Remember to go to the HS Computer Lab after school for homework help. This is a great opportunity to get your work done and there is even an after school snack!
11. (Read Wed)Today is SSR during Impact. Absolutely no students should be in the hallways.
12. (Read Thurs) Friday is School Spirit Day! Make sure to wear your TC apparel every Friday.
13. QUOTE OF THE DAY – “The time is always right to do what is right.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
14. (Read Mon, Wed & Fri)VIRTUE OF THE WEEK – “PATIENCE”: Patience is a quiet hope and trust that things will turn out right – it makes us tolerant and accepting of difficulties and mistakes. When we model patience, we exhibit faith in the goodness of other people and confidence in our own abilities.