STAY UPDATED: Tri-County is now broadcasting updates on school-related events/news via Twitter. Please follow us at @TCPenguinNews.
SCHOOL MESSENGER CAPABILITIES EXPANDED: Recently, our school's ability to communicate with parents quickly and conveniently has increased substantially. In recent years, we have had the ability to issue mass-communication messages to parents via phone calls and emails. Having now activated the SMS (Text Messaging) capabilities of our mass-communication system, we are now able to add one more layer to our means of sharing information with parents. If you currenty do not receive these messages, but would like to, please...
TEXT "Y" OR "YES" TO 67587
NOTE: This information is also available in the link at the right side of the page titled "TC Text Messaging Opt-In."
Let us all work together to make 2016-2017 one that each and every member of our school community can be proud of!
IMPORTANT DATES February 10: Early Release (12:30) February 23: Early Release (12:30) / PK-12 Parent/Teacher Conferences (12:45-7:15) February 28: ACT Testing (11th Grade) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! March 1: ACT WorkKeys Testing (11th Grade) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT!
March 28: Last Day of Quarter 3 March 29:First Day of Quarter 4 April 7 & 8: Middle School Play (7:00; Lecture Hall) April 10-13: Forward Exam Week (7th, 8th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! April 14-17: NO SCHOOL April 22: Prom (8:00-12:00; High School Gym) April 24-28:ACT Aspire Testing Week (9th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! May 1-10: Various AP Exams May 5: Early Release (12:30) May 17: Scholarship Night (6:30; Lecture Hall) May 23: 9-12 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (10:15; Lecture Hall) May 25: LAST DAY FOR SENIORS! May 26: Graduation (7:00; High School Gym) May 31: 7-8 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (1:00; Lecture Hall) June 2: Early Release (12:30) / Last Day of Quarter 4/Semester 2
TC'S NEWEST MASCOT ADDITION It has been a project in the works for numerous months now, but new INCREDIBLE mobile Penguin is complete! What started with Mr. Marinack contacting the amazingly talented wood carver, Jeff Mohr (who carved and painted the beautiful Penguin - complete with his spear), and has since been enhanced by our students in the 2015-2016 TC Pride Projects class (who created the awesome iceberg base with painstaking attention to detail), has now become a permanent fixture at our school to be treasured for countless years to come...THANK YOU TO ALL WHO DONATED TO SUPPORT THIS PROJECT AND TO ALL WHO DEDICATED TIME TO MAKING IT BECOME A REALITY!
CWC 10 CHAMPIONS! Congratulations to the 2015-2016 Tri-County Girls Basketball Team for taking home the program's first Conference Championship since 2003 and only the third such championship in the program's history! This group has set a fantastic example of how hard work - combined with teamwork - can produce great success on the court - their selflessness is a wonderful example for all in our school to follow. TC is incredibly proud of these girls and we wish them the best as they look to continue their winning ways in the Regionals, and, hopefully, beyond!
TC ALUMNUS BUILDING A FASCINATING LIFE:Haley Wadel (TC Class of 2012) was featured in an article in the November 27, 2015 issue of the Resorter. Click the link at the right side of the screen to access a copy of the article - Haley has had some amazing experiences in the few years since she graduated from our school! She had a great quote in the article that is so fitting for our students: "Take chances and go after whatever it is you want in life...You are capable of so much and each person has the power to change the world if they want."
NEW CLASS LEAVING A LASTING LEGACY AT TC TC PRIDE PROJECTSis a new art course being offered in our high school this year, designed to create a venue for our talented students to produce works of art that will visually enhance our entire school for years to come. The awesome Superman-inspired TC logo that now greets anyone and everyone who enters our high school gym is one such project that has now become reality (Creators: Hailey Anderson, Ana Juarez, & Brianna Shackelford). The beautiful eye-catching TC Mosaics that grace the pillars of our main entryway and the wall at the entrance to the high school gym are the most recent additions to our building (Creators: Hailey Anderson, Ana Juarez, Ben Kramer, & Breauna Wade). Keep your eyes open for the addition of new projects as the school year progresses...
March 22, 2017
Lunch today is: Corn Dogs
1. EE Counselors will be having a lunch meeting in Mr. Raboin's room on Wednesday.
2. The Winter Sports Banquet will be on Thursday, March 23rd at 6:00PM in the HS Cafeteria. Dinner will be served. All athletes should bring a dessert. A representative from MECCA sports will be here for ordering letter jackets.
3. Make plans to attend this year's Tri-county's got Talent on Friday at 7 PM in the Lecture Hall. Amazing gymnasts, stunning singers and screamin' guitars are some of the great performances you will see. Hope to see you there!! Performers chosen to be in Talent Show are reminded of the required Dress Rehearsal practice on Thursday starting at 5. Performers are required to attend or talk to Mrs. Mitchell to make sure everything runs smoothly on Friday. Thank you
4. There is a Middle School Student Council Meeting Tuesday, March 28th in Ms. Byrum’s room. Student Council Members should wear their Student Council Shirts, we will be taking a group picture for the year book. Get you passes in advance to be released form IMPACT!!
5. Seniors – Please stop in the 7-12 office to sign your name exactly how you want it printed on your diploma.
6. The competition is getting intense in the Library among the Final 4. Who is worthy to be in the Top 2? You decide with your vote…so have your say, and vote today!
7. (Read every Monday until prom)Eligibility for prom starts February 13 till time of prom April 22 to be eligible you cannot have any OSS, ISS or unexcused absences.
8. Reminder the pit area and coat rack by library or any other area are not your lockers. Put your books in your lockers at end of each day.
9. (Read Wed & Fri)ATTENTION-SENIORS! Your graduation announcements delivery day will be on Tues., March 21st from 11:45-12:10 at school. Please note that ONLY CHECKS AND CASH will be accepted on delivery day if your items have not yet been paid in full. To pay with a credit/debit card, please go online @ jostens.com or call toll free - 1-800-567-8367 BEFORE March 21st.
10. (Read Tues & Thurs)The Tri-County Area Education Association (TCAEA) has raised scholarship funds for graduating Tri-County seniors. Your Tri-County teachers are providing one or more scholarships to graduating seniors planning to continue their education at any university or technical college. Applications are available in the guidance office or from Mrs. Kruger. They are due to Mrs. Krummel by Tuesday, April 18th.
11. (Read Mon & Wed) Attention High School Students Become an Attendance All-Star for the third quarter - if you maintain perfect attendance you will earn a free ticket to a Bucks Game.
12. (Read Tues)Remember to go to the HS Computer Lab after school for homework help. This is a great opportunity to get your work done and there is even an after school snack!
13. (Read Wed)Today is SSR during Impact. Absolutely no students should be in the hallways.
14. (Read Thurs) Friday is School Spirit Day! Make sure to wear your TC apparel every Friday.
15. QUOTE OF THE DAY – “Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.” ~Salvador Dali
16. (Read Mon, Wed & Fri)VIRTUE OF THE WEEK – “PERSEVERANCE”: Perseverance is being steadfast and persistent. You commit to your goals and overcome obstacles, no matter how long it takes. When you persevere you don’t give up… you keep going.