STAY UPDATED: Tri-County is now broadcasting updates on school-related events/news via Twitter. Please follow us at @TCPenguinNews.
TC OPEN HOUSE (Grades 7-12 Info):Amazingly, it is that time of the year again! The end of summer is drawing near, and our now quiet school is going to be full of energetic, excited students with big asprirations for the 2016-2017 school year. We are, once again, hoping for an OUTSTANDING turnout on Tuesday, August 30, as we will be holding our 7-12 OPEN HOUSE from 4:30-6:30. In addition to picking up current schedules, getting to check out that new locker, and walking through their schedules, students and parents alike are invited and encouraged to take part in the following activities/events, as applicable:
7-12 STUDENT PICTURES: Student pictures will be taken throughout the Open House time frame, with extended time from 2:45-3:30 being reserved for our student-athletes who may have practice that evening. This has become a growing success each of the past 2 years, and we are hoping for another great showing from our students. Parents can pre-order their student's pictures using InterState Studio's online ordering site: www.inter-state.com/order
For students in grades 7-8, use ORDER CODE: 08980QA
For students in grades 9-12, use ORDER CODE:08910CA
YOU DO NOT NEED TO ENTER A NAME IN THE FILLABLE SPACE NEXT TO "TEACHER." THE SYSTEM WILL LET YOU PROCEED WITH THAT SPACE LEFT BLANK.
7th GRADE ORIENTATION:All incoming 7th grade students and parents are invited to the lecture hall for a brief orientation from 4:30-5:00.
9th GRADE ORIENTATION:All incoming 9th grade students and parents are invited to the lecture hall for a brief orientation from 5:15-5:45.
A SLICE OF PIZZA, A COOKIE, AND LEMONADE...ARE in line for all in attendance. In your student's folder (located in his/her 1st period classroom), there will be a "punch card." Just visit at least 5 of your student's classrooms, gather initials from teachers, and return the card to the cafeteria. Food will be served from 5:30-6:30.
Let us all work together to make 2016-2017 one that each and every member of our school community can be proud of! We are thrilled to be welcoming everyone back!
IMPORTANT DATES August 30: TC Open House & 7-12 Student Pictures (4:30-6:30) August 30: 7th Grade Orientation (4:30-5:00; Lecture Hall) August 30: 9th Grade Orientation (5:15-5:45; Lecture Hall) September 1:First Day of Quarter 1/Semester 1 September 5: NO SCHOOL October 6: Early Release (12:30) / 7-12 Parent/Teacher Conferences (12:45-7:15) October 10-15: HOMECOMING WEEK! October 15: HOMECOMING DANCE (8:00-12:00; HS Gym) October 27: Early Release (12:30) October 28: NO SCHOOL November 4: Last Day of Quarter 1 November 5:First Day of Quarter 2 November 23: Early Release (12:30) November 24-25: NO SCHOOL December 2 & 3: High School Play (7:00; Lecture Hall) December 13: 6-12 Choir Concert (7:00; Lecture Hall) December 19: 6-12 Band Concert (7:00; High School Gym) December 22: Early Release (12:30) December 23-January 2: NO SCHOOL January 19:Last Day of Quarter 2/Semester 1 January 20: NO SCHOOL (Inservice) January 23: First Day of Quarter 3/Semester 2 February 10: Early Release (12:30) February 23: Early Release (12:30) / PK-12 Parent/Teacher Conferences (12:45-7:15) February 28: ACT Testing (11th Grade) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! March 1: ACT WorkKeys Testing (11th Grade) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT!
March 28: Last Day of Quarter 3 March 29:First Day of Quarter 4 April 7 & 8: Middle School Play (7:00; Lecture Hall) April 10-13: Forward Exam Week (7th, 8th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! April 14-17: NO SCHOOL April 22: Prom (8:00-12:00; High School Gym) April 24-28:ACT Aspire Testing Week (9th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! May 1-10: Various AP Exams May 5: Early Release (12:30) May 17: Scholarship Night (6:30; Lecture Hall) May 23: 9-12 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (10:15; Lecture Hall) May 25: LAST DAY FOR SENIORS! May 26: Graduation (7:00; High School Gym) May 31: 7-8 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (1:00; Lecture Hall) June 2: Early Release (12:30) / Last Day of Quarter 4/Semester 2
TC'S NEWEST MASCOT ADDITION It has been a project in the works for numerous months now, but new INCREDIBLE mobile Penguin is complete! What started with Mr. Marinack contacting the amazingly talented wood carver, Jeff Mohr (who carved and painted the beautiful Penguin - complete with his spear), and has since been enhanced by our students in the 2015-2016 TC Pride Projects class (who created the awesome iceberg base with painstaking attention to detail), has now become a permanent fixture at our school to be treasured for countless years to come...THANK YOU TO ALL WHO DONATED TO SUPPORT THIS PROJECT AND TO ALL WHO DEDICATED TIME TO MAKING IT BECOME A REALITY!
CWC 10 CHAMPIONS! Congratulations to the 2015-2016 Tri-County Girls Basketball Team for taking home the program's first Conference Championship since 2003 and only the third such championship in the program's history! This group has set a fantastic example of how hard work - combined with teamwork - can produce great success on the court - their selflessness is a wonderful example for all in our school to follow. TC is incredibly proud of these girls and we wish them the best as they look to continue their winning ways in the Regionals, and, hopefully, beyond!
TC ALUMNUS BUILDING A FASCINATING LIFE:Haley Wadel (TC Class of 2012) was featured in an article in the November 27, 2015 issue of the Resorter. Click the link at the right side of the screen to access a copy of the article - Haley has had some amazing experiences in the few years since she graduated from our school! She had a great quote in the article that is so fitting for our students: "Take chances and go after whatever it is you want in life...You are capable of so much and each person has the power to change the world if they want."
NEW CLASS LEAVING A LASTING LEGACY AT TC TC PRIDE PROJECTSis a new art course being offered in our high school this year, designed to create a venue for our talented students to produce works of art that will visually enhance our entire school for years to come. The awesome Superman-inspired TC logo that now greets anyone and everyone who enters our high school gym is one such project that has now become reality (Creators: Hailey Anderson, Ana Juarez, & Brianna Shackelford). The beautiful eye-catching TC Mosaics that grace the pillars of our main entryway and the wall at the entrance to the high school gym are the most recent additions to our building (Creators: Hailey Anderson, Ana Juarez, Ben Kramer, & Breauna Wade). Keep your eyes open for the addition of new projects as the school year progresses...
September 30, 2016
Lunch today is Hot Italian Subs!!!
HS FB @ Almond-Bancroft
HS SOC @ Gresham on Saturday
HS JVVB @ Iola-Scandinavia on Saturday
1. Attention NHS members. We will be holding a brief lunch meeting in Mr. Raboin's room today. Please bring your trays.
2. The J V volleyball team won the match at Tigerton: 26-24, 25-14, 17-25. Rheya Heiden had 7 kills, Erica Pronschinski had 4 digs, and Addison Schubert had 3 kills. The Lady Penguins varsity won in three. Varsity scores were 25-11, 25-16, 25-14. Amber Baehman led the night with 15 kills and 8 digs. Megan Nigh had 7 assists and Andrea Boyd had 5 assists. Ivy Klaunde had 3 blocks. Brooke Hopkins had 6 kills and 4 digs. The Lady Penguins travel to Wild Rose on Tuesday for the last of the regular conference play. The conference pool play is Saturday, October 8th. We hope to see in Wild Rose and at conference pool play to cheer us to victory!
3. The Varsity Football team is to meet at 5 pm after school.
4. There will be a Yearbook meeting on Monday during Impact in the FACE room. This meeting will be for NEW and returning staff. Come and be a part of a great team that will work hard to preserve the memories of the current school year for years to come! See you all Monday in the FACE room.
5. 7th & 8th Grade Students Interested in Being in Middle School Student Council, there are two things to put on your radar... 1. Your NFL Dress Up Day for October 6th is due TODAY!!! 2. There is another Student Council Meeting MONDAY during IMPACT. Students will need to get a pass in advance to be able to attend. THANK YOU and See you ALL there!!!
6. There will be a student council meeting today during Impact in the Lecture Hall.
7. Reminder that Homecoming T-shirt order forms and money are due today.
8. Reminder to FFA Members - please pick up a membership form and return it with $15.00 in order to participate and receive a FFA T-Shirt.
9. Any FFA Member interested in going to National Convention please pick up an application from Mr. Engel sooner than later.
10. The soccer team is doing a quick clothing order. If you'd like to check it out there are order forms in the 7-12 office or stop by Ms. Groth's room to pick one up. The orders are due today. The soccer team appreciates your support!
11. (Read Tues)Remember to go to the HS Computer Lab after school for homework help. This is a great opportunity to get your work done and there is even an after school snack!
12. (Read Mon, Wed, & Fri)Ripon College will be visiting TC High School on October 18th. If you're interested in meeting with them, please sign up with Mrs. Nugent in the counseling office.
13. (Read Mon, Wed, & Fri)Seniors interested in attending the College Fair field trip with Mrs. Nugent at Midstate on October 5th, please sign up in the 7-12 office.
14. (Read Wed) Today is SSR during Impact. Remember, no students should be in the hallways.
15. (Read Thurs)Friday is School Spirit Day! Make sure to wear your TC apparel. Go Penguins!
16. QUOTE OF THE DAY - “Everyday one is not learning, one is wasting their time.” ~ Pharrell Williams
17. (Read Mon, Wed, & Fri)VIRTUE OF THE WEEK – “HONESTY”: Honesty is being truthful and sincere. When people are honest, they can be relied on not to lie, cheat, or steal. Try your best not to let others influence you negatively. Being consistently honest will help to ensure that you can feel good about yourself at the end of every day.