STAY UPDATED: Tri-County is now broadcasting updates on school-related events/news via Twitter. Please follow us at @TCPenguinNews.
SCHOOL MESSENGER CAPABILITIES EXPANDED: Recently, our school's ability to communicate with parents quickly and conveniently has increased substantially. In recent years, we have had the ability to issue mass-communication messages to parents via phone calls and emails. Having now activated the SMS (Text Messaging) capabilities of our mass-communication system, we are now able to add one more layer to our means of sharing information with parents. If you currenty do not receive these messages, but would like to, please...
TEXT "Y" OR "YES" TO 67587
NOTE: This information is also available in the link at the right side of the page titled "TC Text Messaging Opt-In."
Let us all work together to make 2016-2017 one that each and every member of our school community can be proud of!
IMPORTANT DATES October 27: Early Release (12:30) October 28: NO SCHOOL November 4: Last Day of Quarter 1 November 5:First Day of Quarter 2 November 23: Early Release (12:30) November 24-25: NO SCHOOL December 2 & 3: High School Play (7:00; Lecture Hall) December 13: 6-12 Choir Concert (7:00; Lecture Hall) December 19: 6-12 Band Concert (7:00; High School Gym) December 22: Early Release (12:30) December 23-January 2: NO SCHOOL January 19:Last Day of Quarter 2/Semester 1 January 20: NO SCHOOL (Inservice) January 23: First Day of Quarter 3/Semester 2 February 10: Early Release (12:30) February 23: Early Release (12:30) / PK-12 Parent/Teacher Conferences (12:45-7:15) February 28: ACT Testing (11th Grade) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! March 1: ACT WorkKeys Testing (11th Grade) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT!
March 28: Last Day of Quarter 3 March 29:First Day of Quarter 4 April 7 & 8: Middle School Play (7:00; Lecture Hall) April 10-13: Forward Exam Week (7th, 8th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! April 14-17: NO SCHOOL April 22: Prom (8:00-12:00; High School Gym) April 24-28:ACT Aspire Testing Week (9th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! May 1-10: Various AP Exams May 5: Early Release (12:30) May 17: Scholarship Night (6:30; Lecture Hall) May 23: 9-12 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (10:15; Lecture Hall) May 25: LAST DAY FOR SENIORS! May 26: Graduation (7:00; High School Gym) May 31: 7-8 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (1:00; Lecture Hall) June 2: Early Release (12:30) / Last Day of Quarter 4/Semester 2
TC'S NEWEST MASCOT ADDITION It has been a project in the works for numerous months now, but new INCREDIBLE mobile Penguin is complete! What started with Mr. Marinack contacting the amazingly talented wood carver, Jeff Mohr (who carved and painted the beautiful Penguin - complete with his spear), and has since been enhanced by our students in the 2015-2016 TC Pride Projects class (who created the awesome iceberg base with painstaking attention to detail), has now become a permanent fixture at our school to be treasured for countless years to come...THANK YOU TO ALL WHO DONATED TO SUPPORT THIS PROJECT AND TO ALL WHO DEDICATED TIME TO MAKING IT BECOME A REALITY!
CWC 10 CHAMPIONS! Congratulations to the 2015-2016 Tri-County Girls Basketball Team for taking home the program's first Conference Championship since 2003 and only the third such championship in the program's history! This group has set a fantastic example of how hard work - combined with teamwork - can produce great success on the court - their selflessness is a wonderful example for all in our school to follow. TC is incredibly proud of these girls and we wish them the best as they look to continue their winning ways in the Regionals, and, hopefully, beyond!
TC ALUMNUS BUILDING A FASCINATING LIFE:Haley Wadel (TC Class of 2012) was featured in an article in the November 27, 2015 issue of the Resorter. Click the link at the right side of the screen to access a copy of the article - Haley has had some amazing experiences in the few years since she graduated from our school! She had a great quote in the article that is so fitting for our students: "Take chances and go after whatever it is you want in life...You are capable of so much and each person has the power to change the world if they want."
NEW CLASS LEAVING A LASTING LEGACY AT TC TC PRIDE PROJECTSis a new art course being offered in our high school this year, designed to create a venue for our talented students to produce works of art that will visually enhance our entire school for years to come. The awesome Superman-inspired TC logo that now greets anyone and everyone who enters our high school gym is one such project that has now become reality (Creators: Hailey Anderson, Ana Juarez, & Brianna Shackelford). The beautiful eye-catching TC Mosaics that grace the pillars of our main entryway and the wall at the entrance to the high school gym are the most recent additions to our building (Creators: Hailey Anderson, Ana Juarez, Ben Kramer, & Breauna Wade). Keep your eyes open for the addition of new projects as the school year progresses...
December 7, 2016
Lunch today is: Chicken Nuggets!!!
1. Last night the Lady Penguins had intense games against Port Edwards. The JV won their game 25-18. The Varsity game was a very close match. In the final minutes of the game, the girls’ never quit and their hard work earned them a victory of 44-42. Caitlin Eisner had a total of 11 pts and 11 rebounds. Amber Baehman scored 14 pts. Alexis Rodriguez added 8 pts. Brooke Hopkins scored 7 pts and Andrea’ Boyd scored 4 pts. Great work ladies!
2. Attention Middle School Student Council Members, Your T-Shirts are here, please see Ms. Byrum to collect your SHIRT sometime today!!!
3. There will be a 12th Gr class meeting on Monday during Impact in the Lecture Hall.
4. Any student planning on going to the Elementary concert on Thursday afternoon MUST have a parent permission slip turned into the 7-12 office by Thursday morning at 8:00AM. You may ONLY attend if you have a sister or brother performing in the concert. No exceptions!
5. Fill the Food Pantry!!! The high school will be having a competition to see which Impact class can collect the most food and toiletry items. The winning class will receive a Pizza Party for lunch. You can start bringing your items in tomorrow and the challenge will end on December 16th. There will be a box for the Staff in the HS mailroom.
6. The Booster Club is sponsoring a raffle for a TC Penguin blanket or a Penguin Scentsy basket. Tickets are 2 for $5 and can be purchased in the 7-12 office. Drawing will be at Thursday night’s basketball game.
7. NHS and HS Student Council members need to sign up in the office for Salvation Army bell ringing. Any student of staff member that would like to ring the bells may sign up also.
8. (Read Mon, Wed, & Fri)All HS Forensics participants need to stop in to see Mrs. Krummel before you go on Christmas break. We need to have your category and piece chosen by that time. I must register your category by the first week in January and our first meet is mid February.
9. (Read Tues)Remember to go to the HS Computer Lab after school for homework help. This is a great opportunity to get your work done and there is even an after school snack!
10. (Read Wed)Today is SSR during Impact. Absolutely no students should be in the hallways.
11. (Read Thurs) Friday is School Spirit Day! Make sure to wear your TC apparel every Friday.
12. QUOTE OF THE DAY – “Practice isn’t the thing you do once you’re good. It’s the thing you do that makes you good.” ~ Malcolm Gladwell
13. (Read Mon, Wed & Fri)VIRTUE OF THE WEEK – “DETERMINATION”: Determination is when you focus your energy and efforts on a task and stick with it until it is finished. Determination is using your will power to do something when it isn’t easy. With determination we make our dreams come true.