Daily Announcements January 30, 2015
1. Please excuse all FFA members at 2:50 that are attending the hockey game today.
2. Attention Seniors – You will have a class meeting on Monday during Impact in Mr. McCarthy’s room. Make sure you bring a pen or pencil.
3. Mr. Sommerfeldt will not be here today.
4. NHS members: your $50 student trip payment and 3 positive character ratings are due by the end of this week.
5. FFA members - next week Tuesday, February 3 the Tri-County FFA Chapter is hosting the District Speaking Contest and we need members to help out. The event is right after school and will be done by 7:30pm. Dinner will be provided for you. Please see Ms. Stillman if you are able to work! We need all the help we can get to make it a successful event.
6. (?)Attention FFA members – You will have a group picture taken on Tuesday, Feb. 3rd. Make sure to wear your FFA shirts.
7. Juniors interested in Badger Girls State should see Mr. Sommerfeldt for an Application. Applications are due today.
8. Seniors - A Financial Aid expert will be coming to Tri-County on Thursday February 5th. We will meet in the lecture hall at 6pm. It is important that you attend. She will be going over all the information you need to fill out your Financial Aid Application.
9. Drama Peeps! Anyone interested in Student directing for the Middle School play this year, see Mrs. E before February 2nd.
10. There will be a Sophomore class meeting on Mon., Feb. 2 during Impact in the Lecture Hall.
11. There will be a Freshmen class meeting on Tues., Feb. 3 during Impact in the Lecture Hall.
12. (Read Mon & Thurs) Seniors – It’s time to bring in photos to use in the “2015 Senior Graduation DVD”. We are collecting photos for the elementary, middle school, and high school years. Please share some of your favorite photos. They will be returned to you after the DVD is produced. You may also bring in digital or scanned photos on a flash drive, which can be returned to you same day. Please bring all photos to Mrs. Bandy or Mrs. Eppinger in the LMC by Friday, February 6th.
13. (Read Tues & Thurs)Reminder that Winterfest is Feb. 21st. To be eligible to attend, you cannot have any unexcused absences, ISS, or OSS.
14. (Read Mon, Wed, & Fri)If you didn't order a yearbook or fill out a form for one, you can still go to jostens.com to order a yearbook. Payments MUST be made by TODAY. We do not order extra books. If you don’t know if you paid for a book, check the list on the board by Ms. Carroll’s room.
15. (Read Tues & Thurs)Do you have a talent? Ever wanted to be on stage? Get your acts together for the first ever Tri-County's Got Talent. Singers, instrumentalists, comedians, magicians, jugglers, gymnasts, dancers, any kind of talent is welcome. Show will be Friday, March 20 at 7 PM in the lecture hall. See Mrs. Mitchell or Mrs. Murray for sign-up sheet and more information. Sign up deadline is Friday, Feb. 13.
16. (Read Mon)Attention Senior FFA members the Wisconsin FFA Foundation scholarship application is available on the Wisconsin FFA website. This year almost $34,000 will be awarded! The electronic application is available on the Wisconsin FFA website under the “programs” tab. All applications are due to be postmarked by March 16, 2015 to the Wisconsin FFA Foundation office in Madison.
17. (Read Wed)Attention All Students Attending After School Events – You must respect the boundaries of the hallway gates, whether they are open or closed. You are not allowed to be roaming throughout the school. If you fail to follow these rules, discipline actions will be assigned.
18. (Read Wed)Today is SSR during Impact. Remember, no students should be in the hallways.
19. (Read Thurs)Friday is School Spirit Day! Make sure to wear your TC apparel. Go Penguins!
20. QUOTE OF THE DAY – “The world will not change until we do.” ~ Jim Wallis
21. (Read Mon, Wed, & Fri)VIRTUE OF THE WEEK – “PATIENCE”: Patience is a quiet hope and trust that things will turn out right – it makes us tolerant and accepting of difficulties and mistakes. When we model patience, we exhibit faith in the goodness of other people and confidence in our own abilities.