STAY UPDATED: Tri-County is now broadcasting updates on school-related events/news via Twitter. Please follow us at @TCPenguinNews.
SCHOOL MESSENGER CAPABILITIES EXPANDED: Recently, our school's ability to communicate with parents quickly and conveniently has increased substantially. In recent years, we have had the ability to issue mass-communication messages to parents via phone calls and emails. Having now activated the SMS (Text Messaging) capabilities of our mass-communication system, we are now able to add one more layer to our means of sharing information with parents. If you currenty do not receive these messages, but would like to, please...
TEXT "Y" OR "YES" TO 67587
NOTE: This information is also available in the link at the right side of the page titled "TC Text Messaging Opt-In."
Let us all work together to make 2016-2017 one that each and every member of our school community can be proud of!
IMPORTANT DATES March 28: Last Day of Quarter 3 March 29:First Day of Quarter 4 April 7 & 8: Middle School Play (7:00; Lecture Hall) April 10-13: Forward Exam Week (7th, 8th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! April 14-17: NO SCHOOL April 22: Prom (8:00-12:00; High School Gym) April 24-28:ACT Aspire Testing Week (9th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! May 1-10: Various AP Exams May 5: Early Release (12:30) May 17: Scholarship Night (6:30; Lecture Hall) May 23: 9-12 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (10:15; Lecture Hall) May 25: LAST DAY FOR SENIORS! May 26: Graduation (7:00; High School Gym) May 31: 7-8 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (1:00; Lecture Hall) June 2: Early Release (12:30) / Last Day of Quarter 4/Semester 2
TC CHOIR PERFORMS AT WISCONSIN CAPITOL: On Thursday, March 23, the Tri-county High School Chorus, under the direction of Mrs. Mitchell, was one of only 12 musical groups throughout Wisconsin chosen to perform at the capitol in celebration of Music in Our Schools Month. Students took a field trip to visit the capitol, and then performed in the rotunda during the lunch hour. They also got to meet our state assembly representative, Scott Krug, and get their picture taken with him. This was a wonderful opportunity for these students - one they will remember for a long time!
April 25, 2017
Lunch today is: Turkey Wraps/Chicken Noodle Soup
1. Students who have not completed or passed the Required Civics Test for Graduation will be able to take the test in Mr. Pieper's room on May 9th or May 16th during 2nd; 4th; 5th; or 6th hour. The test will not be offered again after May 16th. Please plan accordingly.
2. HS Student Council Nomination forms and short essay are due Friday, April 28. Class Officer Nomination forms are due May 5. Make sure all are turned in on time.
3. (Read Mon, Wed, and Fri.) Senior girls looking to apply for additional scholarships, the Waushara VFW Auxiliary scholarship is still available on the Scholarship Board, and due to the counseling office by Monday, May 1st. Hurry and apply- there’s still time.
4. (Read Mon, Wed, and Fri.)Tri-County is offering a summer fitness program in June for all middle and high school students. Pick up your sign-up sheet in HS Office.
5. The Varsity softball team won on Friday night against Menominee. Makenzie Conley pitched got the win on the mound striking out 3 and walking only 1 batter. She also went 2 for 2 with a double. Other leading hitters were Kenzy Reilley going 3 for 4 with a double and a triple, Amber Baehman going 3 for 3 with a double, and Alyssa Buechner also had a triple.
6. (Tuesday and Wednesday) On Wednesday April 26 during 5th period and Impact, ALL Students Taking AP Exams this year will have a Pre-Administration Session in the LMC. Please check in with your 5th period teacher for attendance, and then go directly to the LMC. Attendance at this session is required – please plan accordingly.
7. There will be a MS SC meeting Today, April 25th during IMPACT!!! Please remember to get a pass and plan to attend!!!
8. FFA members interested in going to State Convention in Madison June 12-14 should pick up an application in Mr. Engle’s room.
9. If you are planning on attending the 5K-4th Gr concert or the 5/6 concert on Friday, you must turn in a parent permission note to the 7-12 office by 8:00AM Friday morning. NO LATE NOTES WILL BE ACCEPTED. You may ONLY attend if you have a brother or sister performing in the concert.
10. (Read Tues)Remember to go to the HS Computer Lab after school for homework help. This is a great opportunity to get your work done and there is even an after school snack!
11. (Read Wed)Today is SSR during Impact. Absolutely no students should be in the hallways.
12. (Read Thurs) Friday is School Spirit Day! Make sure to wear your TC apparel every Friday.
13. QUOTE OF THE DAY – “Life is all about Chances and Opportunities. Never leave anything to Chance and never let an Opportunity get away. ~ Unknown
14. (Read Mon, Wed & Fri)VIRTUE OF THE WEEK – “TOLERANCE”: Being tolerant is accepting differences. You are free of prejudice, knowing that all people have feelings, needs, hopes and dreams. Tolerance is also accepting things you wish were different with patience and flexibility.