STAY UPDATED: Tri-County is now broadcasting updates on school-related events/news via Twitter. Please follow us at @TCPenguinNews.
SCHOOL MESSENGER CAPABILITIES EXPANDED: Recently, our school's ability to communicate with parents quickly and conveniently has increased substantially. In recent years, we have had the ability to issue mass-communication messages to parents via phone calls and emails. Having now activated the SMS (Text Messaging) capabilities of our mass-communication system, we are now able to add one more layer to our means of sharing information with parents. If you currenty do not receive these messages, but would like to, please...
TEXT "Y" OR "YES" TO 67587
NOTE: This information is also available in the link at the right side of the page titled "TC Text Messaging Opt-In."
Let us all work together to make 2016-2017 one that each and every member of our school community can be proud of!
IMPORTANT DATES February 10: Early Release (12:30) February 23: Early Release (12:30) / PK-12 Parent/Teacher Conferences (12:45-7:15) February 28: ACT Testing (11th Grade) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! March 1: ACT WorkKeys Testing (11th Grade) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT!
March 28: Last Day of Quarter 3 March 29:First Day of Quarter 4 April 7 & 8: Middle School Play (7:00; Lecture Hall) April 10-13: Forward Exam Week (7th, 8th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! April 14-17: NO SCHOOL April 22: Prom (8:00-12:00; High School Gym) April 24-28:ACT Aspire Testing Week (9th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! May 1-10: Various AP Exams May 5: Early Release (12:30) May 17: Scholarship Night (6:30; Lecture Hall) May 23: 9-12 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (10:15; Lecture Hall) May 25: LAST DAY FOR SENIORS! May 26: Graduation (7:00; High School Gym) May 31: 7-8 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (1:00; Lecture Hall) June 2: Early Release (12:30) / Last Day of Quarter 4/Semester 2
TC'S NEWEST MASCOT ADDITION It has been a project in the works for numerous months now, but new INCREDIBLE mobile Penguin is complete! What started with Mr. Marinack contacting the amazingly talented wood carver, Jeff Mohr (who carved and painted the beautiful Penguin - complete with his spear), and has since been enhanced by our students in the 2015-2016 TC Pride Projects class (who created the awesome iceberg base with painstaking attention to detail), has now become a permanent fixture at our school to be treasured for countless years to come...THANK YOU TO ALL WHO DONATED TO SUPPORT THIS PROJECT AND TO ALL WHO DEDICATED TIME TO MAKING IT BECOME A REALITY!
CWC 10 CHAMPIONS! Congratulations to the 2015-2016 Tri-County Girls Basketball Team for taking home the program's first Conference Championship since 2003 and only the third such championship in the program's history! This group has set a fantastic example of how hard work - combined with teamwork - can produce great success on the court - their selflessness is a wonderful example for all in our school to follow. TC is incredibly proud of these girls and we wish them the best as they look to continue their winning ways in the Regionals, and, hopefully, beyond!
TC ALUMNUS BUILDING A FASCINATING LIFE:Haley Wadel (TC Class of 2012) was featured in an article in the November 27, 2015 issue of the Resorter. Click the link at the right side of the screen to access a copy of the article - Haley has had some amazing experiences in the few years since she graduated from our school! She had a great quote in the article that is so fitting for our students: "Take chances and go after whatever it is you want in life...You are capable of so much and each person has the power to change the world if they want."
NEW CLASS LEAVING A LASTING LEGACY AT TC TC PRIDE PROJECTSis a new art course being offered in our high school this year, designed to create a venue for our talented students to produce works of art that will visually enhance our entire school for years to come. The awesome Superman-inspired TC logo that now greets anyone and everyone who enters our high school gym is one such project that has now become reality (Creators: Hailey Anderson, Ana Juarez, & Brianna Shackelford). The beautiful eye-catching TC Mosaics that grace the pillars of our main entryway and the wall at the entrance to the high school gym are the most recent additions to our building (Creators: Hailey Anderson, Ana Juarez, Ben Kramer, & Breauna Wade). Keep your eyes open for the addition of new projects as the school year progresses...
February 23, 2017
Lunch today is: Hot Italian Submarine Sandwich
1. (Read every Monday till prom)Eligibility for prom starts February 13 till time of prom April 22 to be eligible you cannot have any OSS, ISS or unexcused absents.
2. To All Juniors ACT is Tuesday February 28th and ACT work keys is March 1st.
3. Any students if you have not ordered a yearbook and will want one, you have until Thursday February 23rd to order it. Order forms will be available in the High School Office.
4. As Brandon Peckham has successfully qualified for the Stae Wrestling Meet, we are going to hold a quick send-off assembly for him in the HS gym today. At 10:55 please dismiss your 6th period classes (Compact Schedule) to the gym. The assembly should last no more than 10 minutes, and we’ll send class directly to their 7th period classes as soon as it’s finished
. 5. FFA Meeting for High School and Middle School March 7th during Impact.
6. Mrs. W will not be here today or Friday.
7. Reminder HS Choir Concert for March 2nd has been cancelled.
8. Blood is Life. Please donate. Your donation could be the most valuable gift you ever give. Our blood drive is on Thursday March 2. Please sign up in the HS office. You must be 16 years or older.
9. Seniors-you must turn in your Tri-County Local Scholarship Application into the Counseling Office by March 1st. The scholarship application can be found on the district website. Stop in and ask Mrs. Nugent for help.
10. (Read Mon & Wed)Calling all singers, actors, gymnasts, dancers, instrumentalists, comedians, or any other special talented people!! It's time to prepare for this year's TC's Got Talent to be held on Friday, March 25 in the TC lecture Hall at 7 PM. See Mrs. Mitchell or Mrs. Murray for sign up forms and more information about qualifying to perform for our 3rd annual TC's Got Talent! Start practicing! Sign-up sheets are due by Friday, Feb. 25 to Mrs. Murray or Mrs. Mitchell.
11. (Read Mon & Wed) Attention High School Students Become an Attendance All-Star for the third quarter - if you maintain perfect attendance you will earn a free ticket to a Bucks Game.
12. (Read Tues)Remember to go to the HS Computer Lab after school for homework help. This is a great opportunity to get your work done and there is even an after school snack!
13. (Read Wed)Today is SSR during Impact. Absolutely no students should be in the hallways.
14. (Read Thurs) Friday is School Spirit Day! Make sure to wear your TC apparel every Friday.
15. QUOTE OF THE DAY – “What really matters is what you do with what you have.” ~ Shirley Lord
16. (Read Mon, Wed & Fri)VIRTUE OF THE WEEK – “FORGIVENESS”: Being forgiving is giving someone another chance after they have done something wrong. We must remember that we all make mistakes-and we make them plenty often.