Daily Announcements December 18, 2014
1. FFA Members – Reminder that your fruit will be here on Thursday. Ms. Stillman will be here until 8:00PM. Make sure you have your fruit picked up by that time. Thursday is also your holiday party from 6:30 – 8:00PM. Please sign up to bring a dish to pass.
2. Attention Senior FFA members the Wisconsin FFA Foundation scholarship application is available on the Wisconsin FFA website. This year almost $34,000 will be awarded! The electronic application is available on the Wisconsin FFA website under the “programs” tab. All applications are due to be postmarked by March 16, 2015 to the Wisconsin FFA Foundation office in Madison.
3. Boys Basketball Players are wrapping up their Free-Throw-Shoot-a-Thon this week and are collecting pledges for their effort, raising money for team gear. A little goes a long way. Thank you for your support!
4. Juniors – You will have a class meeting on Friday during Impact in the Lecture Hall.
5. Attention Seniors – A representative from Jostens will be here today during Impact in the Lecture Hall to take orders for graduation announcements and caps & gowns.
6. The answer to yesterday’s Quiz Bowl question, “In this day and age, you’ve got to keep track of a lot of passwords, and then they tell you not to write them down, but how are you going to remember them all? Every year a survey is taken of the most common passwords. Name either one of the two most common passwords. Answer P`A`S`S`W`O`R`D AND 1`2`3`4`5`6. Pretty tricky! The TCHS Quiz Bowl tryouts begin tomorrow morning at 6:30AM. Doors open at 6:15AM. Be on time, bring your sharp and rested mind along with two pencils and be ready to be challenged by over 150 questions from the world of Quiz Bowl. The final Quiz Bowl question is, “Marvel Comics has a mutant character by this name. It’s a hazard and risk that welders must take precautions to guard against, and in literature, it’s a commonly used technique that interrupts the present narrative to interject one or more scenes from the past. What’s the word?”
7. Attention juniors and seniors.... Are you curious about life after high school? Do you miss some of our recent and not so recent graduates? Would you like a chance to eat snacks and socialize with TC graduates? If so, please consider attending alumni day on Tuesday December 23 beginning at 9:30 in the lecture hall. Please see Mr. Raboin if you have any questions.
8. (Read Mon, Wed, Fri)FFA members are you interested in attending a UW-Madison Men's Hockey Game? The Tri-County FFA Chapter is planning on attending the UW-Madison vs. University of Minnesota Gophers Hockey Game on Friday, January 30th. If you sold at least $100 worth of fruit the cost for dinner and the game will be $10.00. Family members are welcome to attend but please talk with Ms. Stillman first. Please sign up in the Ag Room if you are interested in attending!
9. (Read Wed)Attention All Students Attending After School Events – You must respect the boundaries of the hallway gates, whether they are open or closed. You are not allowed to be roaming throughout the school. If you fail to follow these rules, discipline actions will be assigned.
10. (Read Mon, Wed, Fri) Attention everyone! The holidays are quickly approaching and we want to help you celebrate with two fun dress-up days before break. Wear your ugliest sweater on Monday the 22nd and PJs for our movie day on the 23rd. Details and sign-up sheets for the movie day will be coming out the week before break.
11. (Read Tues & Thurs)Only one more weekend to ring the Salvation Army Bells. Anyone can help ring the bells. Please sign up in the 7-12 office. Ringing will take place at Royal Super Market, BP, and Subway.
12. (Read Mon)Think Snow – yes, it is that time of year to start thinking about skiing and snowboarding. Stop in the 7-12 office for more information on ski club.
13. (Read Wed)Today is SSR during Impact. Remember, no students should be in the hallways.
14. (Read Thurs)Friday is School Spirit Day! Make sure to wear your TC apparel. Go Penguins!
15. QUOTE OF THE DAY – “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” ~ Wayne Gretzky
16. (Read Mon, Wed, & Fri)VIRTUE OF THE WEEK – “DETERMINATION”: Determination is when you focus your energy and efforts on a task and stick with it until it is finished. Determination is using your will power to do something when it isn’t easy. With determination, we make our dreams come true.