TESTING SEASON IS FAST APPROACHING: While 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students will all be participating in some form of state testing by the end of the year, our 11th graders are the first ones up, as they will be completing the all-important ACT and ACT WorkKeys tests on March 1 and 2, respectively. Please note that this is college-submittable ACT test. Thus, taking advantage of every opportunity to prepare accordingly for it is of significant value to our students. To the parents of these students, we greatly appreciate your help in emphasizing the importance of this to your children, and your support in ensuring that they are in attendance - well rested - on these dates. Thank you very much!
STAY UPDATED: Tri-County is now broadcasting updates on school-related events/news via Twitter. Please follow us at @TCPenguinNews.
NOTEWORTHY NEWS:This year, will continue holding our quarterly class meetings with students in grades 7-12, at which various grade-specific topics are discussed, including the establishment of academic goals for each quarter. Each class is being challenged to set a goal for a targeted minimum percentage of its members who will earn all passing grades for the quarter. The students are provided with pertinent data from their most recently completed grading period, and then use that information to create a goal that poses a challenge for improvement…but that is also realistically attainable.
Through the combined efforts of many, students in grades 7-12 of our school tacked on another 7.1% reduction in failing semester grades during the 2014-2015 school year (with respect to the 2013-2014 school year). Please keep in mind that this decrease was in addition to the whopping 51.9% reduction in failing semester grades during the 2013-2014 school year (with respect to the 2012-2013 school year). MAKE NO MISTAKE, WE FULLY INTEND TO SEE THIS TREND CONTINUE DURING THE 2015-2016 SCHOOL YEAR! GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING AT TC!
IMPORTANT DATES Monday, February 15 - Saturday, February 20: WinterFest Week Saturday, February 20: WinterFest Dance (7:30-11:30; Cafeteria) Thursday, February 25: Early Release (12:30) / PK-12 P/T Conferences (12:45-7:15) Tuesday, March 1: ACT Test (11th Grade) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! Wednesday, March 2: ACT WorkKeys Test (11th Grade) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! Thursday, March 10 - Friday, March 11: NHS Trip (Chicago) Friday, March 18: TC's Got Talent (7:00; Lecture Hall) Monday, March 21 - Friday, March 25: NO SCHOOL Wednesday, March 30: Q3 End Thursday, March 31: Q4 Start Saturday, April 23: Prom (8:00-12:00; HS Gym) Sunday, April 24: Post-Prom (12:00-4:00 a.m.) Monday, April 25 - Friday, April 29: ACT Aspire Testing Week (9th AND 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! Friday, May 6: Early Release (12:30) Wednesday, May 18: Scholarship Night (6:30; Lecture Hall) Wednesday, May 25: 9-12 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (10:15; Lecture Hall) Friday, May 27: Graduation Ceremony (7:00; HS Gym) Thursday, June 2: Early Release (12:30) - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
CWC 10 CHAMPIONS! Congratulations to the 2015-2016 Tri-County Girls Basketball Team for taking home the program's first Conference Championship since 2003 and only the third such championship in the program's history! This group has set a fantastic example of how hard work - combined with teamwork - can produce great success on the court - their selflessness is a wonderful example for all in our school to follow. TC is incredibly proud of these girls and we wish them the best as they look to continue their winning ways in the Regionals, and, hopefully, beyond!
TC ALUMNUS BUILDING A FASCINATING LIFE:Haley Wadel (TC Class of 2012) was featured in an article in the November 27, 2015 issue of the Resorter. Click the link at the right side of the screen to access a copy of the article - Haley has had some amazing experiences in the few years since she graduated from our school! She had a great quote in the article that is so fitting for our students: "Take chances and go after whatever it is you want in life...You are capable of so much and each person has the power to change the world if they want."
NEW CLASS LEAVING A LASTING LEGACY AT TC TC PRIDE PROJECTSis a new art course being offered in our high school this year, designed to create a venue for our talented students to produce works of art that will visually enhance our entire school for years to come. The awesome Superman-inspired TC logo that now greets anyone and everyone who enters our high school gym is one such project that has now become reality (Creators: Hailey Anderson, Ana Juarez, & Brianna Shackelford). The beautiful eye-catching TC Mosaics that grace the pillars of our main entryway and the wall at the entrance to the high school gym are the most recent additions to our building (Creators: Hailey Anderson, Ana Juarez, Ben Kramer, & Breauna Wade). Keep your eyes open for the addition of new projects as the school year progresses...
April 29, 2016
Lunch today is Stuff Crust Pizza and Pasta Salad!
1. Hey Seniors – Wednesday, May 4th, is your Pizza & Movie Reward Night. Make plans to join your friends for a fun movie and some great pizza. It all begins at 5:00.
2. Current and new NHS members need to report to Mr. Raboin's room during impact today for a brief meeting.
3. Mrs. W. will not be here today Math Lab is closed.
4. All High School Students interested in being a Class Officer or Student Council Member next year, please stop in the HS office and pick up a form. The forms are due back to Mrs. Weis by May 6th. No late papers will be accepted. Any questions, please see Mrs. Weis.
5. Are you looking for some extra money? Ron’s Restaurant is looking for a dishwasher for nights and/or weekends. Stop at Ron’s for more information.
6. (Read Wed)The Central Wisconsin String Bean Players will be holding auditions for this summer’s musical, “Oklahoma,” on Sunday, May 15th. Registration is at 3:00PM followed by auditions. Please consider joining this year’s cast.
7. (Read May 1st)The Civics Test will be offered one last time this school year. The test will be offered May 12th - Hours 2, 3, 6, or 7 in Mr. Pieper’s room to any sophomores and juniors who have not taken or who have not yet passed the test.
8. (Read Tues)Fox Valley Tech is offering a ‘Babysitting Safety Class’ on Saturday, May 14th. More information is available in the 7-12 office.
9. (Read Tues & Thurs)We have 10 extra yearbooks available. If you are interested in a yearbook please being $60.00 to the high school office and reserve your copy! Limited books available! We cannot order anymore!
10. (Read Mon)Student Drivers – Please be conscious of your driving when leaving the parking lot and driving home through town. We have a lot of students walking home at the end of the day and want everyone to be safe.
11. (Start May 2nd)Hey you, yeah you! Did you know Sync Audio offers free audiobooks all summer long? Well they do, 30 books to be exact, and they are fantastic!! Stop by the library or go to audiosync.com for more information and download the OverDrive App today so you're ready to go.
12. (Read Thurs)Attention Seniors – Remember to check the Scholarship Board on a regular basis. New scholarships are added often.
13. (Read Tues & Thurs)Need a place to do your homework? Need homework help? Help is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-5pm in Mrs. Senft's room.
14. (Read Wed)Today is SSR during Impact. Remember, no students should be in the hallways.
15. (Read Thurs)Friday is School Spirit Day! Make sure to wear your TC apparel. Go Penguins!
16. QUOTE OF THE DAY - “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in. ~Bill Bradley
17. (Read Mon, Wed, & Fri)VIRTUE OF THE WEEK – “TRUSTWORTHINESS ”: Being trustworthy means that people can count on you to do your best, to keep your word, and to follow through on your commitments. In other words, you do what you say you will do.