Daily Announcements March 2, 2015
1. The Lady Penguins lost at the Regional Finals on Saturday night. We would like to thank everyone that helped and supported us.
2. NHS Members – Please remember to collect the Pennies for Patients today during Impact.
3. Saturday, Feb. 28 we traveled to Necedah for our DISTRICT Solo and Ensemble Contest. The students performed solos, small ensembles- Duets, and large ensembles for a variety of judges, all day long. Our students performed very well with the drumset quartet-of Tomas, Jake Kealiher, Garret and Dawson receiving a first; the Brass Choir of 22 students receiving a first; our 24 piece Jazz Ensemble receiving a first and others receiving a 2nd or 3rd rating. The Soloists Heidi Ertl and Cody Lockhart earned a starred first and David Femal earned a first on his solo as well. Congrats to all of the Band and Choir students who prepared and worked so hard for this event. Special thanks to Mrs. Femal who helped so many students and Mrs. Cummings who did a fantastic job of accompaniment for so many events.
4. Congratulations to the TC HS choir members that participated in this weekend’s solo & ensemble festival on their awesome performances! Alyssa Byers received a 2nd on her Class B solo, Cody Lockhart will be advancing to State on his vocal solo and choir members Alyssa Byers, Jessica Jensen, Hannah Perez, Caitlin Pesmark, Kaina Banda & Cody Lockhart will be advancing to state in the small ensemble! Way to go choir students! You should be very proud!
5. Reminder HS Forensics Participants – Please stop and see Mrs. Krummel or Mrs. Eppinger this week to prepare for District Meet on Saturday.
6. There will be a Prom Decorating Committee meeting today during Impact in Ms. Carroll’s room.
7. There will be a softball meeting today during Impact in Mrs. Helmrick’s room. All girls interested in playing this year should attend.
8. There will be a Blood-Drive on Friday, March 6th from 11:00-4:00 in the High School Gym. If you are 16 years or older, please sign up with Mrs. Hintz in the 7-12 office.
9. Attention Baseball players: Mr. Schroeder will have a baseball meeting on Friday, March 6th, during Impact. The meeting will be held in the HS Shop area.
10. There will be a HS Student Council meeting on Tuesday during Impact in the 5-12 LMC.
11. (Read Tues)Senior FFA members: the Tri-County FFA Alumni Scholarship is now available. Please see Ms. Stillman if you would like an application. Applications are due March 27, 2015.
12. (Read Mon)Attention Senior FFA members the Wisconsin FFA Foundation scholarship application is available on the Wisconsin FFA website. This year almost $34,000 will be awarded! The electronic application is available on the Wisconsin FFA website under the “programs” tab. All applications are due to be postmarked by March 16, 2015 to the Wisconsin FFA Foundation office in Madison.
13. (Read Wed)Attention All Students Attending After School Events – You must respect the boundaries of the hallway gates, whether they are open or closed. You are not discipline actions will be assigned.
14. (Read Wed)Today is SSR during Impact. Remember, no students should be in the hallways.
15. (Read Thurs)Friday is School Spirit Day! Make sure to wear your TC apparel. Go Penguins!
16. QUOTE OF THE DAY – “I find the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” ~ Thomas Jefferson
17. (Read Mon, Wed, & Fri)VIRTUE OF THE WEEK – “TOLERANCE”: Being tolerant is accepting differences. You are free of prejudice, knowing that all people have feelings, needs, hopes, and dreams. Tolerance is also accepting things you wish were different with patience and flexibility.