STAY UPDATED: Tri-County is now broadcasting updates on school-related events/news via Twitter. Please follow us at @TCPenguinNews.
TC OPEN HOUSE (Grades 7-12 Info): Amazingly, it is that time of the year again! The end of summer is drawing near, and our now quiet school is going to be full of energetic, excited students with big asprirations for the 2016-2017 school year. We are, once again, hoping for an OUTSTANDING turnout on Tuesday, August 30, as we will be holding our 7-12 OPEN HOUSE from 4:30-6:30. In addition to picking up current schedules, getting to check out that new locker, and walking through their schedules, students and parents alike are invited and encouraged to take part in the following activities/events, as applicable:
- 7-12 STUDENT PICTURES: Student pictures will be taken throughout the Open House time frame, with extended time from 2:45-3:30 being reserved for our student-athletes who may have practice that evening. This has become a growing success each of the past 2 years, and we are hoping for another great showing from our students. Parents can pre-order their student's pictures using InterState Studio's online ordering site: www.inter-state.com/order
- For students in grades 7-8, use ORDER CODE: 08980QA
- For students in grades 9-12, use ORDER CODE: 08910CA
- YOU DO NOT NEED TO ENTER A NAME IN THE FILLABLE SPACE NEXT TO "TEACHER." THE SYSTEM WILL LET YOU PROCEED WITH THAT SPACE LEFT BLANK.
- 7th GRADE ORIENTATION: All incoming 7th grade students and parents are invited to the lecture hall for a brief orientation from 4:30-5:00.
- 9th GRADE ORIENTATION: All incoming 9th grade students and parents are invited to the lecture hall for a brief orientation from 5:15-5:45.
- A SLICE OF PIZZA, A COOKIE, AND LEMONADE...ARE in line for all in attendance. In your student's folder (located in his/her 1st period classroom), there will be a "punch card." Just visit at least 5 of your student's classrooms, gather initials from teachers, and return the card to the cafeteria. Food will be served from 5:30-6:30.
Let us all work together to make 2016-2017 one that each and every member of our school community can be proud of! We are thrilled to be welcoming everyone back!
August 30: TC Open House & 7-12 Student Pictures (4:30-6:30)
August 30: 7th Grade Orientation (4:30-5:00; Lecture Hall)
August 30: 9th Grade Orientation (5:15-5:45; Lecture Hall)
September 1: First Day of Quarter 1/Semester 1
September 5: NO SCHOOL
October 6: Early Release (12:30) / 7-12 Parent/Teacher Conferences (12:45-7:15)
October 10-15: HOMECOMING WEEK!
October 15: HOMECOMING DANCE (8:00-12:00; HS Gym)
October 27: Early Release (12:30)
October 28: NO SCHOOL
November 4: Last Day of Quarter 1
November 5: First Day of Quarter 2
November 23: Early Release (12:30)
November 24-25: NO SCHOOL
December 2 & 3: High School Play (7:00; Lecture Hall)
December 13: 6-12 Choir Concert (7:00; Lecture Hall)
December 19: 6-12 Band Concert (7:00; High School Gym)
December 22: Early Release (12:30)
December 23-January 2: NO SCHOOL
January 19: Last Day of Quarter 2/Semester 1
January 20: NO SCHOOL (Inservice)
January 23: First Day of Quarter 3/Semester 2
February 10: Early Release (12:30)
February 23: Early Release (12:30) / PK-12 Parent/Teacher Conferences (12:45-7:15)
February 28: ACT Testing (11th Grade) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT!
March 1: ACT WorkKeys Testing (11th Grade) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT!
March 28: Last Day of Quarter 3
March 29: First Day of Quarter 4
April 7 & 8: Middle School Play (7:00; Lecture Hall)
April 10-13: Forward Exam Week (7th, 8th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT!
April 14-17: NO SCHOOL
April 22: Prom (8:00-12:00; High School Gym)
April 24-28: ACT Aspire Testing Week (9th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT!
May 1-10: Various AP Exams
May 5: Early Release (12:30)
May 17: Scholarship Night (6:30; Lecture Hall)
May 23: 9-12 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (10:15; Lecture Hall)
May 25: LAST DAY FOR SENIORS!
May 26: Graduation (7:00; High School Gym)
May 31: 7-8 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (1:00; Lecture Hall)
June 2: Early Release (12:30) / Last Day of Quarter 4/Semester 2