STAY UPDATED: Tri-County is now broadcasting updates on school-related events/news via Twitter. Please follow us at @TCPenguinNews.
SCHOOL MESSENGER CAPABILITIES EXPANDED:Recently, our school's ability to communicate with parents quickly and conveniently has increased substantially. In recent years, we have had the ability to issue mass-communication messages to parents via phone calls and emails. Having now activated the SMS (Text Messaging) capabilities of our mass-communication system, we are now able to add one more layer to our means of sharing information with parents. If you currenty do not receive these messages, but would like to, please...
TEXT "Y" OR "YES" TO 67587
NOTE: This information is also available in the link at the right side of the page titled "TC Text Messaging Opt-In."
Let us all work together to make 2016-2017 one that each and every member of our school community can be proud of!
IMPORTANT DATES March 28: Last Day of Quarter 3 March 29:First Day of Quarter 4 April 7 & 8: Middle School Play (7:00; Lecture Hall) April 10-13: Forward Exam Week (7th, 8th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! April 14-17: NO SCHOOL April 22: Prom (8:00-12:00; High School Gym) April 24-28:ACT Aspire Testing Week (9th, 10th Grades) - ATTENDANCE IMPORTANT! May 1-10: Various AP Exams May 5: Early Release (12:30) May 17: Scholarship Night (6:30; Lecture Hall) May 23: 9-12 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (10:15; Lecture Hall) May 25: LAST DAY FOR SENIORS! May 26: Graduation (7:00; High School Gym) May 31: 7-8 Awards & Recognition Ceremony (1:00; Lecture Hall) June 2: Early Release (12:30) / Last Day of Quarter 4/Semester 2
ICE CASTLES - WHAT A BLAST!
On Monday, February 6, a big group of our 7th and 8th grade students earned the opportunity to take in a man-made phenomenon on display in the Wisconsin Dells. Ice Castles, a site that you have to see to believe, has made one of its winter homes only an hour from TC this year. The kids left school near the end of the day and go to spend a couple of hours touring this magnificent site, exploring various tunnels and caves, participating in ice slide races, taking pictures, and just having an overall great time! A BIG THANK YOU goes out to Ms. Byrum for bringing this idea forward and making the trip become a reality for our kids!
April 25, 2017
Lunch today is Turkey Wrap/Chicken Noodle Soup
1. Friday, April 28th, is your reward day for having no lates, no disciplinary referrals, agendas signed and being caught up on all make-up work. Make sure you are working hard toward this goal!
2. High School Student Council Nomination forms and short essay are due Friday, April 28th. Class Officer Nomination forms are due May 5. Make sure all are turned in on time.
3. There will be a MSSC meeting Today, April 25th during IMPACT!!! Please remember to get a pass and plan to attend!!!
4. (Read Mon & Fri)Would you like to design the Yearbook cover? All designs must be Hand drawn (No computer generated artwork); must be 8 by 11 in size; must be black and white; and school appropriate. Any 5th – 8th Grade students interested in submitting a design for the yearbook cover must do so by April 25th to Mrs. Krummel. The grade levels will vote for one design by April 27th. 7th and 8th will submit them to Mrs. Krummel and will be voting during Social Studies class. Then all grades will choose 1 design that will be voted on by their grade on May 2th.
5. (Read Mon, Wed, and Fri.) Tri-County is offering a summer fitness program in June for all middle and high school students. Pick-up signup sheet in HS Office.
6. If you are planning on attending the 5K-4th Gr concert or the 5/6 concert on Friday, you must turn in a parent permission note to the 7-12 office by 8:00AM Friday morning. NO LATE NOTES WILL BE ACCEPTED. You may ONLY attend if you have a brother or sister performing in the concert.
7. (Read Mon)Reminder – Students are not allowed to stay in the building after 3:00PM unless they are with a supervised group. Athletes must be with their coaches and students can be in the After School Program with Mrs. Montgomery. Siblings and friends are NOT allowed to wait for practices to finish or to just hang around the building after 3:00PM.
8. (Read Tues)Remember to go to the HS Computer Lab after school for homework help. This is a great opportunity to get your work done and there is even an after school snack!
9. (Read Wed)Today is SSR during Impact. Absolutely no students should be in the hallways.
10. (Read Thurs) Friday is School Spirit Day! Make sure to wear your TC apparel every Friday.
11. QUOTE OF THE DAY – “Life is all about Chances and Opportunities. Never leave anything to Chance and never let an Opportunity get away.
12. (Read Mon, Wed & Fri)VIRTUE OF THE WEEK – “TOLERANCE”: Being tolerant is accepting differences. You are free of prejudice, knowing that all people have feelings, needs, hopes and dreams. Tolerance is also accepting things you wish were different with patience and flexibility.